Notice of Invitation to Qualified SCBA Equipment Vendors
To all qualified new SCBA Equipment vendors operating a storefront business office within the state of Washington:
Camano Island Fire & Rescue is identified as the lead agency for a recently awarded regional federal grant to purchase and acquire new and modern SCBA Equipment.
By scheduled appointment only, and for the purposes of equipment demonstration and evaluation needs, Camano Island Fire & Rescue will host any qualified SCBA Equipment vendors on the date of October 18th on Camano Island at Fire Station # 1-2 ( Country Club ) located at 1326 Elger Bay Road.
If your firm represents or sells a modern SCBA Equipment manufacturer’s product – and operates a physical sales business office storefront and /or repair facility inside the state of Washington – then you must first make an appointment to attend.
- SCBA Demonstrations will be by appointment only.
- SCBA Demonstration time will be limited to one hour per each vendor / representative.
- Only new and modern SCBA equipment products meeting the current NFPA 1981 compliance standard will be considered.
- SCBA Manufacturers, Vendors, or their Agents must demonstrate the existence of a business office or storefront and/or repair service facility operating within the state of Washington.
- SCBA Manufacturers, Vendors, or their Agents must not be debarred, suspended, excluded, or restricted by the United States from receiving funds derived from federal grant funding.
- The E.P.L.S. web link is seen below:
Vendors should arrive with ample product information sheets, flyers, or samples, and be prepared to answer general questions regarding warranties, any in-service fire crew staff level SCBA maintenance training opportunities, service, repairs, parts availability, and turn-around time.
Vendors are further encouraged to leave adequate SCBA sample equipment on site ( e.g., RIT Pack, SCBA Backpack, Mask ) for a subsequent equipment field evaluation period to be conducted by local fire crews occurring the following day on Oct 19th.
Vendor appointment visits will commence at 9AM and conclude by 3 PM on Thursday, Oct 18.
Contact Assistant Fire Chief Craig Helgeland via email to confirm your appointment / attendance at: [email protected]
If you are unable to attend on Oct 18th, you may, of course, still leave the pertinent SCBA information / equipment ahead of time for the local crews to evaluate.
Craig S Helgeland, CFI
Assistant Fire Chief, IAAI-FIT
Camano Island Fire Rescue