EVT (Emergency Vehicle Technician) Position Opening
Job Classification: Emergency Vehicle Technician (EVT)
Camano Island Fire and Rescue is seeking to hire one candidate for the position of a full time Emergency Vehicle Technician. This individual should have experience with heavy equipment and who is proficient with gasoline, diesel engines, hydraulic systems, truck chassis, pump systems and electrical systems.
The CIFR Application can be requested directly from CIFR or found on our website, www.camanofire.com. The application must be completed and submitted by October 5, 2018, by 4:00 PM.
Application Period: September 5th – October 5th, 2018 at 4:00 PM.
Salary Range: $73,272.14 to $81,769.77 Annually (Based on Qualifications)
- PERS 2 Retirement
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- AD&D Insurance Policy
- Group Life Insurance
- Long and Short Term Disability Insurance
- EAP services
- Paid Sick and Vacation Time
Contact Information for Contact Information for specific
application questions: job-related questions:
Linda Layton Jay Jacks
Finance Manager Fleet Maintenance Supervisor
[email protected] [email protected]
Camano Island Fire and Rescue serves the community of Camano Island with fire protection, emergency medical (ALS/BLS Transports), and technical rescue services. Our fleet is made up of Aid Units, Fire Engines, Tenders, Support vehicles, both from CIFR and surrounding agencies. Combined, our maintenance facility manages approximately seventy five apparatus. Our team consists of two chief officers, twenty five career firefighters, ten part-time firefighters, twenty five volunteer firefighters, three administrative staff, and two maintenance positions, all governed by a five member Board of Commissioners. We operate out of five stations, an administration office, and a maintenance facility. Camano Island is located approximately 45 minutes north of Everett, WA, and is connected to the mainland via a bridge.
- Age: 21
- US Citizen: Yes
- High School Grad/GED: Yes
- Valid WASHINGTON State Driver’s License: Yes
- Ability to Read/Speak English: Must demonstrate both written and oral skills of the English language.
- Driving Disqualifiers: Must possess a valid Washington State driver’s license without any record of suspension or revocation in any state. Candidate must be insurable under Camano Island Fire and Rescue’s insurance policy.
- Background Investigation and Criminal Record Check: Yes
- Felony, Criminal Activity Disqualifiers: Must not have had any felony convictions or disqualifying criminal histories.
- Medical Examination: Must be able to complete and pass an entry level medical examination, drug test, and psychological test.
Ideal Applicant Qualifications:
- Must possess a valid (clear) Washington State driver’s license with a CDL endorsement.
- Must demonstrate verifiable experience as medium / heavy duty truck mechanic.
- A degree or certificate of completion from an accredited diesel technical school.
- Heavy / medium duty ASE certifications or EVT certifications in fire apparatus and ambulance.
- Have experience maintaining and repairing public safety vehicles and equipment such as fire engines, tenders, ambulances and other related vehicles and equipment.
Special requirements: Must be able to obtain Master EVT Fire and Ambulance or as directed by the District. Certification level will be completed within three years or as otherwise directed by the District. This is a condition of employment. Certification level requirements can be viewed at: www.EVTCC.org
Under certain circumstances, a period of up to one year may be granted to obtain a CDL endorsement. This is a condition of employment.
Each candidate must also complete the mandatory application packet, available at the District website www.camanofire.com, or at the Administration office located at 811 N Sunrise Blvd., Camano Island, WA. Submit a resume with your application, and a copy of your Driver’s License by October 5, 2018, at 4:00 pm.
Top candidates will be invited to an assessment center on October 16, 2018, with the possibility of a final interview on October 17th.